If you have a valid Alberta Healthcare number, you are now eligible to receive advanced pharmacy services at Stafford Pharmacy & Home Healthcare!
While these services have been provided by pharmacies for years, it was previously the patient who was responsible for paying the cost associated with these services. As of July 1st, 2012 the government of Alberta now cover’s the cost of these important services. This means that Albertans will have improved access to health care via pharmacy services. The following are services now covered for those Albertans who have a valid Alberta Healthcare number:
- Comprehensive Annual Care Plan – Albertans living with multiple chronic diseases will be supported by pharmacists through a one-on-one assessment, care plan development and ongoing monitoring. Provision of this service requires an appointment with one of our pharmacists.
- Standard Medication Management Assessment – Pharmacists will conduct individual medication reviews and develop care plans for patients with at least one chronic disease and on at least four different schedule 1 drugs or insulin. Provision of this service requires an appointment with one of our pharmacists.
- Adaptation of a prescription – If the pharmacist identifies that a dosing change ore therapeutic substitution must be made on a new prescription, they can alter the therapy in order to improve the patients health outcomes. This service is provided with the patients consent when the pharmacist deems necessary.
- Prescription Renewals – Renewals are done at the pharmacists discretion only after an assessment of the medical condition and drug therapy is completed. This service will enable the care of Albertans by ensuring they have access their medication when required.
- Administration of Injection – All of our pharmacists are trained to administer medications by injection. Now, when you receive a prescription for a travel vaccine or other injection, you may have it administered at the pharmacy instead of having to return to the doctors office, and there will be no out of pocket cost to you!
You may be eligible to have one of our pharmacists assess your medication regimen and create a care plan for you to ensure your drug therapy is optimized for the best health outcomes if you have one or more of the following conditions: high blood pressure, diabetes, heart failure, history of stroke, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or a diagnosed mental health condition.
If you have questions about these services, or would like to set up an appointment with one of our pharmacists to have your health conditions and medications assessed contact a member of our pharmacy staff today! Come in to see us or phone 403-320-6500 Ext. 1.