Pharmacist Awareness Month – March 2014
The Pharmacist Is In
This month at our pharmacy, we’re celebrating Pharmacist Awareness Month. As a key member of your health care team, we want to make sure that you understand the full range of services we can offer. In addition to filling your prescriptions and providing expert medication advice, did you know that we can also:
- Extend a prescription that has run out
- Review your medications to help you make sense of a complex regimen
- Prepare a medication that is no longer available
- Give you a flu shot or other vaccinations
- Prescribe medications for some minor ailments
- Help you quit smoking
You can also ask us about managing long-term conditions, such as diabetes, asthma and high blood pressure. We can help you understand what it is and how to treat it. And we’ll let you know if you should see your doctor or other health professional.
Our role is changing to help you better manage your health.