We currently have ONE POSITION OPEN FOR A PHARMACY TECHNICIAN. THIS IS A FULL-TIME, PERMANENT POSITION AND IS AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY.
If you are looking to build or advance your career as a Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacist Assistant you need the type of experience you will receive at Stafford Pharmacy & Home Healthcare. We are currently recruiting to maintain our technical staffing levels.
We are a community pharmacy, operating under the PharmaChoice banner, located in Lethbridge, Alberta. Our primary focus is on customized compounding and home healthcare. We have successfully organized a complete home healthcare solution for our clients and patients.
This position involves the full spectrum of technician duties that includes:
- Customer service,
- Patient file administration,
- accepting prescriptions from clients;
- creating/updating patient electronic files;
- Filling prescriptions;
- Compliance packaging;
- Assisting clinical pharmacists directly,
- Scheduling/organizing medication reviews and patient care plans;
- Managing patient care follow ups;
- Maintaining drug inventories, that includes,
- Product ordering;
- Receiving of orders and drug file maintenance;
- Assisting other technical staff in the management of a busy dispensary;
- Technicians are involved in non-sterile and sterile compounding;
- The preparation of customized dosage forms, for both human and animal patients.
- Preparing home parenteral antibiotic therapy in an aseptic environment – in a Microsphere® isolation hood.
Although compounding for human patients continues to be a focus of this pharmacy, our veterinary compounding offers a unique opportunity to be part of the care and treatment of a wide variety of companion animals. That includes the expected canine and feline patients as well as the more exotic patients such as ferrets, birds, snakes, hedgehogs, guinea pigs, lizards, frogs, and much more.
The position requires that applicants be graduates of a recognized pharmacy technician program. This would have included exposure to both non-sterile and sterile compounding with a community pharmacy and hospital pharmacy practicum.
We invite new graduates to apply as well as those technicians registered with the Alberta College of Pharmacists. Experience in a compounding pharmacy is certainly an advantage but is NOT a pre-requisite for employment.
- A willingness to learn new skills and gain new knowledge,
- The ability to remain organized and to work efficiently.
- Working well on your own as well as with others, as part of a team is important,
- The sincere desire to help people,
- Excellent communication skills,
Our current dispensary software system is Telus Health’s Assyst-Rx-S (also referred to as Simplicity Plus). It is assumed that the applicant will have gained mastery of one of the major dispensary software systems such as Assyst-Rx-S, Kroll, Nexus, or PharmaClick. A motivated individual will have little difficulty gaining a working knowledge of another dispensary software system after a short orientation.
This position is available immediately.
We offer competitive wages based on the applicant’s inventory of skills and their previous work experience. All full time employees are offered group benefits that include (but not limited to) short term and optional long term disability insurance, dental coverage, extended health benefits, purchase discounts and continuing education allowances.
Stafford Pharmacy & Home Healthcare is a locally owned & managed, community pharmacy located in Lethbridge, Alberta and in business since 1985 under the current owners and managers.
For those not familiar, Lethbridge is located in the heart of southern Alberta, just an hour from the Rockies and numerous recreation attractions; 75 minutes from the U.S. border and a 2 hour drive to Calgary. Home to the University of Lethbridge, Lethbridge College and the Lethbridge Regional Hospital.
Business hours are:
Monday to Friday: 9am to 6pm
Saturdays: 10am to 6pm
Please submit your resume with all supporting documents such as certificates, letters of reference or contact information.
Stafford Pharmacy & Home Healthcare
Bay 5, 1475 Saint Edward Blvd. No.
Lethbridge, Alberta T1H 2P9
e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax number: (403) 320-6676 Please include a cover sheet when faxing.